How is Retirement Coaching Different from Therapy?
It's not therapy and is not paced like therapy. The differences are:
- Therapy: topics of discussion range into every area of the client's life.
- Retirement coaching: clients are focused on how they want to spend their time, short- and long-term, during the years after they leave full-time work.
- Retirement coaching may touch on other areas of a person's life, but always in the context of their overall goals in retirement. Financial, legal, or medical advice is not part of retirement coaching--you will need to check with your specialists in each of those areas if you need that assistance.
- Therapy: occurs weekly; sometimes even more frequently.
- Retirement coaching: clients determine their own pace and frequency of visits, often scheduling visits weeks or even months apart to allow time to complete any self-prescribed "homework."